1962 TALBOT LAGO T14 AMERICA 2300 Chassis... - Lot 54 - Osenat

Lot 54
Go to lot
Estimation :
80000 - 120000 EUR
Result with fees
Result : 174 000EUR
1962 TALBOT LAGO T14 AMERICA 2300 Chassis... - Lot 54 - Osenat
1962 TALBOT LAGO T14 AMERICA 2300 Chassis 15006 French registration - The last Talbot Lago ever produced! - A true piece of history - Only two owners in 60 years! - Only 52,000 km The story of this car is a complex one. Born in a difficult period for Talbot, its history dates back to 1953, when Anthony Lago, eager to revive the career of his T26, commissioned Carlo Delaisse, a stylist working at Letourneur et Marchand, to design a new 2+2 coupé body. This was mounted on the T26 GSL, launched in 1953. To diversify, Lago decided to launch a 4-cylinder version of its coupé with a monsoon gearbox for 1955. Called the T14 LS, only 54 examples of this new version were sold. In 1957, Anthony Lago decided to target the American market. To do so, he turned to BMW, with whom he signed an agreement to supply V8 engines. This led to the launch of the Talbot Lago America 2500. In 1958, Simca bought the brand. Although a few engines were in stock, Henri Pigozzi decided not to use the German engine and instructed his engineers to adapt the company's own engine, the Ford SAF 2351 cm3 v8, to which a Zenith twin-barrel carburetor developing 95 hp was grafted. At the 1958 Motor Show, four examples of the new model were displayed on the stand. Three of them were fitted with drop-down side windows. The models were blue, white and red. The story of our car began at this show. According to her testimony, the car's first owner, Mme Donnier, fell in love with the Talbot Blanche at the show. Unfortunately, as it had already been sold, she ordered another model. When the factory closed, Georges Grignard, a Talbot pilot who had bought up all the brand's stock, was entrusted with completing the project. The result was the very last Talbot Lago ever produced, chassis number 15006. Once completed and delivered, the car was not registered for the first time until January 1962. This woman used it for around 10 years on her annual commute to her holiday home in Bandol, but sadly, as she grew older, she no longer used the car. In 1980, Pierre Béguin, an engineer at PSA, acquired this Talbot, having rediscovered the brand when it was relaunched by Peugeot. He undertook a complete overhaul, as well as extensive bodywork. In the 2000s, as he used the car less, he decided to lend it to the CAAPY (l'Aventure Automobile à Poissy) in exchange for which they took care of its maintenance, and Mr. Béguin retained its use. In this context, it was exhibited at the 2018 Rétromobile Show on the Peugeot Adventure stand. Mr. Béguin will keep his car until his death in 2021. In that year, it was acquired by his nephew, who undertook a major overhaul. Today, the car is in very good cosmetic condition, and our road test revealed a torquey, high-performance car. The engine could do with an overhaul. The Pont à Mousson gearbox makes the overall driving experience very pleasant. This is a unique opportunity for all enthusiasts of the marque, as this chassis is being offered for sale for the first time. 1962 TALBOT LAGO T14 AMERICA 2300 Chassis 15006 French registration 100 000 / 130 000 - The last Talbot Lago ever produced! - A true piece of history - Only two owners in 60 years! - Only 52,000 km The history of this car is complex. Born in a difficult period for Talbot, its history dates back to 1953 when Anthony Lago, eager to revive the career of his T26, commissioned Carlo Delaisse, a stylist working at Letourneur et Marchand, to design a new 2+2 coupé body. This was mounted on the T26 GSL, launched in 1953. To diversify, Lago decided to launch a 4-cylinder version of its coupé with a monsoon gearbox for 1955. Called the T14 LS, only 54 examples of this new version were sold. In 1957, Anthony Lago decided to target the American market. To do so, he turned to BMW, with whom he signed an agreement to supply V8 engines. This led to the launch of the Talbot Lago America 2500. In 1958, Simca bought the brand. Although a few engines were in stock, Henri Pigozzi decided not to use the German engine and asked his engineers to adapt the in-house engine, the Ford SAF 2351 cm3 v8, to which a Zenith twin-barrel carburetor developing 95 hp was grafted. At the 1958 Motor Show, four examples of the new model were displayed on the stand. Three of them were fitted with roll-down side windows. The models were blue, white and red. The story of our car began at the show. According to her testimony, the car's first owner, Mme Donnier, fell in love wi
My orders
Sale information
Sales conditions
Return to catalogue