Bodywork n° 29978
Cabriolet at low price
10 000 - 15 000
The Dyna X was presented in 1946 at the 1st post-war Paris Salon. It is the first mass-produced car with an all-aluminum body. The engine is an interesting air-cooled flat-twin with torsion bar valve return. The transmission has four forward gears. The suspension is four-wheel independent with a transverse spring at the front and torsion bars at the rear. The production starts only at the end of 1947, the manufacture of the bodies is entrusted to Facel Metallon in Colombes. Panhard left its mark on the 1948 Salon with the exhibition of the extraordinary Dynavia prototype, an exceptional aerodynamic study with highly advanced technical solutions. On the production Dyna, the headlights are streamlined and better integrated into the bodywork. The 1950 models are embellished with the adoption of several polished aluminum decorative strips on the bodywork and a new grille with a central round motif. In April, the 4 HP engine of 745 cm³ developing 33 HP makes its appearance under the type mines X86, the car reaches now the 120 km/h. For the 1951 models, presented at the October 1950 show, the dashboard evolves and becomes with a single dial and the hood receives five beautiful ventilation shells. From January 1950 to June 1953, only 2004 convertibles were produced.
Endowed with a very particular style with rounded and voluptuous forms, the Dyna X cannot be confused with any other car. They are very endearing and represent the true renaissance of the "Doyenne" in the immediate post-war period. The presented model is in very good condition and was at the end of restoration. Its former owner had owned it since 1996. A set of parts will be provided with the car to finish restoring this endearing popular car and make it find the nice roads of France.