Lot n° 78
180000 - 220000
Result with fees
: 200 000EUR
1961 PORSCHE 356 B ROADSTER
Chassis number 89295 (from Itieren) - 90 hp engine number 802307
Complete restoration - Matching Numbers
Historically, the Porsche 356 was the first sports car manufactured and marketed by Porsche. Conceived by Ferry Porsche on the mechanical basis of the Volkswagen and designed by Erwin Komenda, it was produced in series from 1948 to 1965. Technically, it is a monocoque with four independent wheels and a four-cylinder flat engine in the rear cantilever. The production of the 356 lasted more than 17 years and 78,000 units were built. Originally the 356 is available as a coupe and a convertible, then at the request of Hoffmann, a speedster version will be created in 1954!
For the year 1960, Porsche modernizes its 356 with the appearance of the 356 B model and from 1961, the roadsters are manufactured at d'Ieteren.
The car presented here has benefited from a total restoration, especially on the bodywork by a French sheet metal worker. The running gear and engine have also been renovated, as well as the entire electrical system. The vast majority of the parts were ordered from Tanner and Porsche, a well-known parts supplier.
The car is a "daily driver" thanks to its disc brakes and modern tires.
Also noteworthy during the restoration of the chassis was the installation of anchor points to facilitate the installation of a harness.
The car is therefore in an excellent state of presentation, witness of a quality restoration. The body alignments are close to perfection and its black paint suits it perfectly.
The owner will deliver with the car four original wheels with drum brakes and vintage tires, the original seat structures fully chromed to new, a roll of leather to redo the seats with the same one as the current buckets.
One of the most beautiful 356 roadster ever presented!
Return to catalogue